Monday, April 15, 2024

Sign, sign everywhere a sign, Do this - don't do that - can't you read the signs?

 



Signs.  I remember when I first started receiving signs from above.  I would be SO excited when I saw an angel number (1111, 222, 333, 444 etc) and it became such a confirmation for me.  Just like anything else in life, you become immune to that and it becomes just a normal occurrence.  I also question every single thing lately so signs are like a joke to me.  However, ever the optimist I was writing a letter to my mom last week and I asked her for a sign.  A big one.  I said I didn't even know what sign I wanted or what I wanted it to mean (super helpful Tee...great job).  Anyway, later that day my friend told me that she heard the song Moon River 3 different times that day and by a specific artist (ummm would it be Andy Williams?---duh). I knew that was my mom reaching out to me through her because ummm I am a bit of a sceptic these days.   She also sent another song that shocked the bejeezus out of me but ok....I got it.  Later that day someone else told me something that I knew immediately was from my mom.  I literally laughed out loud.  Ok ok I give....I know my mom is watching over me and handling things.  I said to my daughter - I wonder why Yaya sent the signs to other people?  To which she looked at me with a smirk (that actually looks so much like mine it was comical) Uhhhhh. HELLOOO!  You could ask for a giant purple tonka truck and you would see it and be like I'm not sure-----  Okay, okay - guilty as charged.  (Told you I am a bit sceptical as of late)


Fast forward to this weekend.  I took a different route than I normally take - lo and behold on the opposite side of the street was - you guessed it - a large purple truck parked on the side of the road - it's driver fishing off the bridge.  I said to my daughter - did I just see?  She's like yup.  I'm like we should check out the license plate to see if it means anything - should I turn around?  She's like I definitely think you should.  I made a U turn and there were no extra signs....ok well still, it was a sign.  When I turned back around I got stuck at a light and BAM in front of us was another sign.  We looked at eachother and I was like REALLY?  She said See and if you hadn't turned around you would not have seen that!  (Smartass - who told her she could be wiser than me?  I don't believe I gave permission).  So, on we went.  Did it give me any answers?  Hell no- I am still doubting.

There are so many signs that are universal to everyone (pennies from heaven, white feathers, cardinals for passed loved ones, butterflies, dragonflies, rainbows, hummingbirds) the list goes on.  Feel free to choose your own signs and watch the angels deliver.  Butterflies and rainbows were my signs from my mom - Eagles and bears for my dad.  But I have pushed for more significant ones because they seemed too easy.  And since I didn't listen to music the day I asked for the signs, my mom sent them through someone else.  So don't ever think your request is too difficult.  God, your angels and passed over loved ones are extremely powerful and they love to delight and surprise you!  Give it a test-you won't be disappointed.

One of my favorite signs was when God started putting it in my thoughts to homeschool.  It's funny how those little thoughts pop into your head out of nowhere.  We were on vacation and I was in the pool with my boys and I thought- I don't want this to end.  I want to be with them all the time.  And I thought why don't you homeschool - WHAAATT???  I was the PTA president and class mom extraordinaire what?  When we got home I reserved a book from the Library on meal planning.  What was there when I went to pick it up?  A book by the same author on - you guessed it- homeschooling.  OK did I leave the book at the library?  No! that would be embarrassing 🙄). My friend saw the book in the car and was like homeschooling?  I said yea no way I'm doing that!  God kept bringing me homeschooling people, signs, etc.   Finally I said ok fine - I gave Him 2 options - either I will see the teacher who I wanted my son to have the next year at church (We saw him almost every week). OR I will see the family that we met that homeschooled (have never seen them before). Yes - I was stacking the deck - sue me!  Well not only were 2 of the boys in that family Altar Servers that day but the ENTIRE family (iincluding grandparents!) was called up to present the gifts.  I started crying right there because God truly did deliver!  I have a TON of those stories - I actually forgot them until I started writing. 

So my point in all this drivel is that you need to pay attention to the signs.  They come from all places and things.  Just now my daughter started singing the song Georgy Girl..(one of my moms favorites!). and she's like, did this play this morning?  I'm like umm no---now it's stuck in both of our heads--thanks Mom!  Not sure what that one means but at least I know she's with us.  And that it's not just another day in the life!








No comments: